Thursday, September 2, 2010

Slow Cooker Recipes!

I have been organizing all of the recipes that I've been collecting and typing them up. So begins the barrage of recipes. I can copy and paste them here while I (apparently) am not motivated enough to talk about how I'm unmotivated. That was so grammatically correct. I'm going to try to try them out before I post them, but we'll just see how it goes...

BBQ Beans and Weenies
4 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
4 cups bbq sauce
2 (16 oz) packages lil'smokies or cut up hot dogs

Use a 6 qt slow cooker. pour the canned beans into the stoneware, and add the bbq sauce. toss in the lil' smokies and stire to combine. cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or high for 2 to 3 hours.

I used hot dogs instead of lil smokies and I think the lil' smokies would have been really good. Also, the kidney beans were not quite tender enough. I am actually considering using pork beans next time I make this, although I'm certain that wouldn't be nearly as nutritious. Total kid pleaser, though.

2 comments:

Tayarra said...

I'm totally going to try this one and will probably use pork and beans as well. Dale isn't much of a bean eater but loves pork and beans. Side note... you have been blogging and I have been missing it some how. I think we are straight now. I thought you were just taking a break ; )!

The Drakes said...

we've been planning on using the slow cooker a lot soon when neela is born, so we will for sure be checking in for inspiration! love the cake for lee - great work carissa :) how ya feeling?