Thursday, September 9, 2010

Powell's First Day of Preschool

My boy started preschool. They all seemed SO OLD this morning! It was one thing to have one go to preschool and difficult to have her start kindergarten, but this seems so surreal!

Powell had showed signs that he might not be all that excited about me leaving him at preschool over the last few weeks. But, not to worry, he didn't show any sign of hesitation this week or this morning - at all! So glad I didn't have to leave a crying little boy, but he didn't even act like he noticed when I left! Little stinker. He had plenty to say about who he played with and what they did. Apparently he played with playdoh and colored this morning. He had goldfish for a snack.

Lola wasn't too excited to leave. But we had some quality time together :-) He says he's ready to go back on Tuesday! All in all, a success!

This morning before Maryanna got on the bus...
Sitting with Daddy...
In front of the preschool...
Big boy and Daddy...
My sweet boy. (It's always startling to see myself in pictures right now)
Playing in the playroom when I left.
Big grins when I picked him up...
Hugged me, grabbed his backpack and headed for the door like, 'I know the drill...'

No comments: