Banana Pancakes.
I have never been a fan of bananas. Never have liked them. Don't even like Strawberry Banana smoothies.
But yesterday, I got sick. And I was concerned that I would wake up really shaky and sick to my stomach if I didn't eat something before I went to bed. But, at this stage in my pregnancy, anything after six tends to make my nighttime heartburn more of an issue.
My husband recommended that I eat a banana. Reluctantly I tried it. Lo and behold, my heartburn wasn't much of an issue last night and I felt really well this morning. By the time I got out of bed I really wanted a good banana pancake recipe (for some reason I was now convinced of the restorative properties of bananas and wanted all in my family to immediately have some in their breakfast). Sneaky, yes?
Did a little research, and decided to add 3 mashed bananas to the buttermilk pancake recipe and see how it turned out. Ohmygoodness. Yummy, syrupy, buttery, banana pancakes were just what I needed this morning. Apparently.
Note: I typically take over-ripe bananas that haven't gotten eaten and throw them in the freezer (not literally). These are the bananas that I use in banana bread and now pancakes!
No comments:
Post a Comment