I am still figuring out how to cook rice in my crockpot. Actually I think it's the rice I'm buying. It's just not quite the right consistency... I'll figure it out eventually.
Beans and Rice
1 T olive oil
1 cup raw rice
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, liquid reserved
1/2 T dried onion flakes, or 1/2 cup diced fresh onion
1/2 t kosher salt
1 t Italian seasoning
water
Use a 4 qt slow cooker. Put the olive oil into the stoneware, and add the rice, Swirl the rice around to coat it nicely with the oil. Add the beans. Drain the tomatoes, but reserve the liquid in a 2 cup measuring cup. Add the tomatoes, onion, salt, and Italian seasoning. Add water to the tomato liquid to make a full 2 cups. Pour the liquid intot the slow cooker. Stir. cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Your dinner is complete when the rice is tender. Brown or wild rice will take longer to soften than white rice.
No comments:
Post a Comment