Here we were trying to feed the birds at the zoo. They weren't hungry.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Vacation
A couple of weeks ago we went to Omaha for a couple of days, just the five of us. I think this was our first official vacation that involved staying in a hotel. And it was so much fun! We went to the zoo and the children's museum and in between we ate lots of pizza and ice cream. The kids didn't know what to think.
Here we were trying to feed the birds at the zoo. They weren't hungry.

These otters were hilarious and very, very playful. The just sat and giggled.
If you can't tell, there is a hugh silverback gorilla sitting inches from my eldest.

Getting everyone to look at the camera at the same time proved to be extremely difficult.
Fingerprint on the lens... I wonder how that happened?
The penguins were great! As you can see, they were diving right in front of us.
In this tunnel you could see rays, sharks, multiple types of fish, and sea turtles. The kids were enthralled.

This was near the end. Lola just couldn't hang on any longer...
Here are my little roaring lions...
This is my son. This is his almost constant expression. I love this face.
I don't know who this guy is... :-)
Still out on the most uncomfortable part of the stroller.
They did not stay like this. Nana ended up on the floor to get away from Lola. I think it must have been like sleeping with a bear - she mauled whoever was near her. Also, if you've ever seen the movie Monsters, inc., there's a scene where the little girl is awake one second and then literally conks out the next. That's what little Miss Lola did here.
Here we were trying to feed the birds at the zoo. They weren't hungry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment