Saturday, August 21, 2010

Slow-Cooker Sloppy Joes

Like I said. Lovin' my slow-cooker right now. I can get dinner ready in the morning when I have plenty of energy and want to, and not have to worry about it later. Especially if i don't 'want to' later. :-)

Really enjoyed this...

Slow-Cooker Sloppy Joes

1 pound ground beef
1 packet Sloppy Joe mix
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1 cup water

Put everything in the slow-cooker and stir well. Cover and cook on low for six to seven hours, or on high for three to five hours. the meat is done when it is crumbly and fully cooked. Serve on hamburger buns or on top of rice (I used hoagie rolls).

1 comment:

carissab said...

I find myself without a seasoning packet all the time and I have to go look up the recipe for it - so, here goes...

1 T onion flakes
1 T paprika
2 T brown sugar
1 t cumin
1 t kosher salt
1 t cornstarch
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t dry mustard
1/4 t celery seed
1/4 t black pepper