Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Seafood Alfredo

This turned out so well! Next time I'm making bread to go with it!

Seafood Alfredo

1 stick butter
2 T flour
2 cups milk
1 t herbes de provence (I used Italian seasoning)
1/2 t kosher salt
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 lb. frozen cooked shrimp or seafood medley
freshly cooked pasta, for serving

Use a 4 qt slow cooker. make a roux by melting butter in a saucepan on the stovetop and slowly stirring in flour until no lumps remain. Add to slow cooker. Pour in milk, add hers, salt, garlic, and shredded cheeses. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Add frozen seafood, and stir well. Cover again and cook on high for 30 minutes, or until the seafood is heated through. Toss with freshly cooked pasta. (I actually used alfredo noodles)

No comments: