Thursday, August 19, 2010

Honey-Mustard Chicken Wings

I have been obsessed with slow-cooker recipes lately. Really trying to be smart about the time I spend in the kitchen - and still enjoy the process of finding and trying new recipes. Anyway, My Man absolutely loved these and of the two of us he would be the authority on wings! So simple and yummy!

Honey-Mustard Chicken Wings

3 pounds chicken wings
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup bbq sauce
2 T spicy brown mustard (I used honey dijion this time)
1 clove garlic
3 to 4 lemon slices (My Man could have gone without these, but I love the extra tang)

Rinse chicken and pat dry. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken. Place wing pieces on broiler rack. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat about 10 minutes, turning halfway through. Place broiled chicken wings in slow cooker.

Combine honey, bbq sauce, mustard and garlic in small bowl; mix well. Pour sauce over chicken wings. top with lemon slices. Cover; cook on low 4 to 5 hours.

Remove and discard lemon slices. Serve wings with sauce.

No comments: