2 T butter
2 large sweet onions, thinly sliced
2 t minced garlic
1/2 cup beef consomme
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 T coarse-grained mustard
1 t crushed rosemary
1/2 t salt
1/2 t ground black pepper
2 1/2 lbs pork tenderloins, trimmed
Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is tender. Remove from heat, and stir in consomme, cream, mustard, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
Place pork tenderloins in prepared baking dish. Pour onion mixture over tenderloins. Bake for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 155. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve sliced pork with wild rice and steamed green beans.
There are so many things I did wrong on this recipe and it still came out delish. I substituted the pork for turkey tenderloin. I substituted the consomme for broth. And I substituted the coarse grained mustard for regular old ground mustard. Also, my rosemary wasn't crushed. Oh well. I'll be making this one again!
No comments:
Post a Comment