2 lbs ground chuck
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopping celery
1T minced garlic
3 (8 oz( can tomato sauce
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
2 T Worcestershire sauce
1 T firmly packed brown sugar
2 t yellow mustard
1 t ground black pepper
1/2 t salt
6 hamburger buns
In a large skillet, combine ground chuck, onion, celery, and garlic. Cook over meduim heat until beef is browned and crumbply; drain. return beef mixture to skillet.
Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve over hamburger buns with fries and pickle spears.
I have a sloppy joe recipe that works for me. It's a slow-cooker recipe that is just super-duper easy. Or uber easy. Whatever you prefer. However, if you want a really hearty sloppy joe recipe that will make plenty and makes you think of a filling fall meal, this is the recipe for you. i served it with sweet potato fries and salad rather than regular fries and a pickle (but, we were having company : )
1 comment:
You know you can just buy it in a can, right? :) I'm kidding. (Well, I'm teasing you and fully aware that yours is probably way better than anything in a can labeled "Manwich." At the same time, I'm okay admitting that I will continue to make my sloppy joes from a can.)
No matter. I just had to come over and say that seeing you write a post about Sloppy Joes (not...well...my infamous mispronunciation) made me smile! :)
Post a Comment