Italian-Style Grilled Pizza
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced (I used cherry tomatoes - and I used more like 10)
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced into fine ribbons
1 can (2.25 oz) sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
2 T olive oil
1 T red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 t each salt and coarsely ground black pepper
1 pkg (16 oz) prebaked pizza crust (I used a thin wheat crust hoping to cut some calories : )
1. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. Place mozzarella cheese in bowl. Grate Parmesan cheese into bowl. Slice tomatoes in half, remove seeds and cut into small pieces. Slice basil into ribbons. Add tomatoes, basil and olives to bowl; mix gently.
2. In small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, garlic salt and pepper. Lightly brush top of crust with 1 T of the oil mixture.
3. Place crust in center of grid of grill, top side down. Grill crust, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until deep golden brown. Turn crust over and carefully remove.
4. Add remaining oil mixture to cheese mixture in bowl; mix well. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over top of crust; return pizza to grid of grill. Cover and grill 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bottom of crust is deep golden brown.
5. Remove pizza to cutting board; slice and serve!
We just happened to have leftover grilled chicken that we chopped up and added to this recipe. My Man was helping me in the kitchen this particular day : ) I should mention that this is a Pampered Chef recipe. I love Pampered Chef, have a couple of their cookbooks and several of their tools and cookware. Their recipes are some of my favorites and I know I have other Pampered Chef recipes listed here. I cannot believe I have had this book this long and not made this recipe!
This is a definite keeper!!
No comments:
Post a Comment