Wow.
I knew this week was going to be a doozy, but I hadn't counted on getting ill. And, well, when it comes to illnesses that's pretty much the way it usually happens. Monday, the day VBS started and I was working the registration table (incidentally), I lost my voice with the cold I thought I was getting over. We continued to push through and prepare for M's birthday party (baking cakes in the afternoons when we were home) and attending VBS in the mornings.
Then, the inevitable happened. Wednesday I crashed.
I spent the day in Liberty to spend time with a friend and avoid driving an extra 50 miles (explanation not worthy of your time), and then we went to Hubby's folks' house for dinner. Now, you should understand that we had what we like to call baseball bats. They're crab legs that are literally so big I would not want to meet their owner. Anyway, so there was nothing painful about that feast.
However, by the time we left I was having coughing fits I couldn't stop and our youngest was running what felt like a high fever. Wonderful. So we took a day off (all but M) Thursday to try and recover. Lola did beautifully. I on the other hand, do not know what I had but it was not letting go easily. Even on my Mucinex I was having these horrible fits that would not stop.
Anyway, enough is enough. Suffice it to say, I got a wonderful nights sleep last night and felt much better today. Well enough to finish up M's cake and go to the local carnival. Which was so much fun. I don't think I could get enough of watching my kiddos enjoy themselves so much.
Enjoy these pictures.
M wanted a Tinker Bell cake this year, so here we have it. I should have taken some play by play pictures, but I'm not that good at documenting yet. And I always get ideas from somewhere else. This particular cake was inspired here.
And then there's this one. These kids had been watching the rides go up all week and anticipating this night. They are so razzed it's not even funny.
This little stinker hung out with Grandma and managed to snag a snowcone and a chocolate chip cookie. Then she ate half of my snowcone.
And this one. This one may be my favorite shot of the whole night. My sweet girl and her daddy. Oh. OH.
You should know that P took the motorcycle and car rides very seriously. He's my little man. He was steering and eyeing the driver behind him suspiciously. Loved it. He kills me. What a great night.
FYI M and possibly P will sing their VBS songs in front of the church tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have pictures to share with you.
2 comments:
Carissa,
I am so sorry to hear that you have been ill. I thought I'd pass on that Cora's "cold" and coughing fits ended up being pneumonia. She acted fine, ate, drank, played....no fever, just had that hacking cough. Wyatt (our 1 yr.old) started with the high fever and now our 3 year old has one too...I hope it's not the same thing for you, but I thought I'd pass along the info just in case...I hope that you all feel better soon!! And the Tinker Bell cake~AMAZING!!!! Cora LOVES it and wants one for her 5th B-day! :)
I hope that your annoying cold that has been miserable for you, is finally going to leave you alone! Kids, house, cake, ... everything's beautiful. Wonderful job. B-day party was a HUGE success. Can't wait for next year's carnival.. LOL. See you soon.
Post a Comment