Thursday, June 11, 2009

So, I've been absent. I know, I know. But I've been packing! Like. A. Mad. Woman.

Seriously.

We had four weeks to get out of here and we're kind of at a standstill until the week of at this point (after just 2 weeks). That's how crazy we've been packin'!

So, I finally got sat back down at the computer today. Played with some pictures. Had a lot of fun. I'm going to post all of them here. I haven't touched Powell's birthday pictures yet. I'll post those with a more indepth description later. I managed to get the Memorial Day pics in there. There were only a couple - mostly the swimsuit pics.

Now, since it doesn't seem that I'm going to take the time to talk/blog about it any time before or after the move if I don't say something now, here it goes.

Here are the bare facts. God sold our house in 6 weeks. He was very clear. He brought two buyers. He closed with a buyer who didn't have a contingency. We found our dream house 5 days later. We prayed that He would make it clear which house He wanted us to buy. He eliminated our top 3 interests. The house we bought was everything we wanted (but weren't expecting)right down to the willow tree and the windows the morning sun shines in. Then there's the fact that it backs up to farm land, the lot's 3/4 of an acre, there's plenty of room for the kids and Hubby's office... We can build a building... The kids can play in the driveway and the cul-de-sac... This is the only house that we looked at that was a possibility long term.
Okay, so that's more than the bare facts. Got a little carried away. But I'm so excited not just by the move and the house, but God's constant answer to prayer these last few weeks. Through the process of selling He revealed things He wanted me to deal with that were completely unrelated to selling the house. He's been so faithful. I've been reading The Prayer of Jabez again and right before He sold the house He was reminding me that yes, He is a just and holy God, but He is also my Father God - and that He loves me very much.
As we've sought Him in this decision we've drawn closer and He's used it as an opportunity to point out a few things. I am so in love with my Savior and I can't wait to see what He has planned in our new home.

















No comments: