Friday, June 19, 2009

Broccoli & Rice Casserole

As a child, this was one of my favorite holiday dishes. Oh, we had it when it wasn't Christmas, Easter, or Thanksgiving, but I knew I could count on consuming large amounts of Broccoli and Rice Casserole if it was a holiday. Love this stuff. This version is my mom's (which I loved most), who does not need a recipe to turn around and whip something like this out. However, I drug this out of her because I am not good at going recipe-less! That just sounds ugly, doesn't it? So here goes...

Broccoli and Rice

1 large bag of frozen, chopped broccoli
2 cups of minute or brown rice
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 stick margarine
1 jar of cheese whiz
salt and pepper

In large casserole dish combine broccoli, rice, and mushroom soup (plus 2 cups of water).
Melt margarine and cheese wiz in microwave and pour in and mix well.
Salt and pepper to taste and cover and bake for 90 minutes at 350.


No comments: