No matter what time of night you roll over in bed, you will catch God in the middle of a thought about you.
Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light (Mic. 7:8).
Lord, according to Your Word, the light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it (John 1:5). Because I'm Yours, help me to see that Your light is shining in my darkness whether or not I can behold it or understand it.
Lord, You have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in You should stay in darkness (John 12:46). You are like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings the grass from the earth (2 Sam. 23:4).
Good stuff, huh? I didn't have my devotion this morning and I'm always short-tempered when I start the day that way. And inevitably my day snowballs when this happens b/c of course, I lose my cool and then I beat myself up for it and it all starts over again... Snowball. So, it is so fitting that when I finally get around to some words from God (oh, say at 4:30ish) He sees me sitting in my dark place with my not very good opinion of myself. And He whispers to me... 'You are still mine.' How good is my God?
Oh, and here are some pics to brighten your day. This is what the kids came up with today. And in no way am I saying that this is the only thing that they came up with today.
1 comment:
I love these pics, of course it's the subjects I love! Also, that chicken was delish, so I just might get some in the crock pot today if I have everything!
Post a Comment