A dear friend made this recipe for us when we brought home Lola. It was delicious. I'm still working at making it as well as she did, but I thought I'd go ahead and pass along this super delicious recipe.
Sauce: 1 quart chicken broth (boil the chicken for the recipe in a large can of broth and add some water to cover the chicken - usually 4-5 breasts)
3 Tbsp. Chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. cumin
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. cornstarch in 4 Tbsp. water
Bring first 5 ingredients to boil. Add cornstarch and boil 1 min. Then turn off heat.
Filling:
3 cups cooked chicken chopped in small pieces
3/4 cups ripe olives
1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese (sometimes use the 'Mexican Blend')
1/2 cup sauce
1 envelope of instant onion soup mix
Dip corn tortillas in hot oil for a second or two to soften. (place them between sheets of paper towels to soak up the grease). You will need 12-15 tortillas. Grease a 9x13 casserole dish. Dip each tortilla in sauce. Fill with filling and place in dish. sprinkle remaining cheese (or more cheese, if you wish) on top. Cover with the remaining sauce. Bake at 350 degrees 30-40 min. or until its bubbly. Top with sour cream and choped green onions if you wish.
*I struggle to keep this from being too runny, so note to self.
No comments:
Post a Comment