Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cakes, Icing, Pizza, Bumps and Shop Vacs

After a much needed evening with a friend, I had a really wonderful day with the kids. I really think encouragement is the key. And patience. And devoting each day to God. And asking for His strength and wisdom. Okay, I'm going to scratch that. There is no one key. I should have known better than to go down that road.

We had a good day.

And we're going to have my attempt at a Minsky's 5 Star Cheese Pizza.

And you know what else? I actually completed a lot on my to do list today.

I vaccumed out the van! It's so nice to have a spotless vehicle. I wish it stayed that way longer. Or that I cleaned it more often. Nope. That it stayed cleaner longer.

I baked 2 cakes, mixed 2 batches of icing, and threw together a batch of pizza dough in the bread machine. Then I cleaned off M's nails and repainted them. Bright pink. She starts preschool next week.

And just now, as I sat down at the computer, Powell ran head first into the chair and table in the dining room. He has a raised bump that's already blue. Maryanna's playing nurse and holding his ice pack to his forehead. Silly goof.







1 comment:

The Drakes said...

carissa! i was looking through some of your older fb stuff to see what you guys have been up to and found that you blog!!!! now i can blog stalk you with the best of them :) if you're interested in ours (not as exciting as a three kid stories, but we can keep up on each other none-the-less) just send me your e-mail through fb and i'll add you to the invitation list. we have it private so kurtis's patients can't find it. have a great evening! -- jess