Is there anything that says home more than Chicken Noodle Soup? I love this stuff! I love the smell that fills the house when I make this! And I LOVE sopping up all the broth with crusty French bread!
Chicken Noodle Soup
Noodles:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/3 cup COLD water
1 tsp water
Broth:
3-4 Chicken breasts (a small chicken would be awesome too)
4-5 quarts water (depending on how what you want the broth to noodle ratio to look like)
1 bay leaf
3 chicken boullion cubes
3 ribs of celery, sliced
2 large carrots or 3 small, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
Throw all of this in a big pot or dutch oven. The chicken breasts can even be frozen. Bring to boil with the lid on and once it gets going turn it way down and just let it simmer. For like ever. Okay, seriously, 40 minutes or so. Then, take the chicken out, shred to bite size pieces and place back in the pot. Low heat.
Noodles: Mix the flour eggs and salt well. Slowly add the water until you can form a ball of dough. Roll it out (on a floured surface) pretty much as thin as you can get it. It's pretty tough to get too thin. I like to cut my noodles with a pizza cutter as thin as I can get them. Cover the noodles with a towel until your closer to when you want dinner ready.
To finish, bring the broth to a boil again, and add the noodles one by one. They only need to cook for a couple of minutes and will float to the top when they're done. Try to keep from stirring. Cover and set to low until you're ready to spoon them up!
No comments:
Post a Comment