Okay, so you need a little history to understand. My Man loves food. And My Man loves lasagna. And since the dawn of time I have been trying to find a lasagna recipe that meets his expectations (and mine). Okay, not really the dawn of time, just the last 5 years or so.
My point is, I have tried different recipes. I have altered recipe after recipe. This one doesn't sit up well enough, that one doesn't have enough meat. Not to make My Man sound picky or demanding. You must understand. Every time I made a lasagna, I hounded him. Do you like it, do you like it, huh, huh, HUH?!
When I found PW's recipe I ignored all previously mentioned recipes and just made hers the way the recipe reads (even though My Man loves ricotta cheese and hers didn't have any in it).
And do you know what happened? HE LOVED IT. And he's right! This is the best lasagna ever! I made it at the lake, and no offense, but the crowd down there has some pretty eclectic and particular tastes. And THEY ALL LOVED IT.
I will post pictures when I make it again. Because, I will. Oh yes, I will.
So, thank you PW!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/the_best_lasagn/
1 comment:
that's a big milestone to meet! check it off the life's goals list :) don't you love being a foodie? -- j
Post a Comment