He loves to make everyone laugh. Especially his big sister. He adores any sport that includes a ball. It's the only thing before 2 that he had any trouble sharing. He worships his papas. He wakes up cranky like his mama. With his face all screwed up so he can't see anything yet.
He has a couple of new words. As in, he likes to say them a lot right now, not as in, he just learned them. 'Beautiful.' I know. Huh? He likes to tell me my hair looks beautiful. He got that from his daddy. He likes to say 'that's beautiful, Mom', it doesn't matter if it's food, a picture, the grass... you get the picture. But last week he was sitting on the couch with me and a commercial came on. It wasn't provocative or anything but when it was over Powell said, 'She's beautiful.' I died a little. Just a little. Broke my mama's heart in two. So wasn't ready for that. And speaking of, I don't think I ever will be.
The other word is 'okay.' Only it's pronounced 'oooohhh-kay-ee.' With a kind of sing-songy doubtful voice. Hilarious.
Me: Go potty, Powell.
Powell: oooohhh-kay-ee!
Like, 'Sure, Mom. But you'll be sorry!'
And he says it to everything. Everything.
This boy also has a thing for superheroes. Which is really funny to me since he hasn't seen any cartoons of spider-man, batman or superman. Is that sad? Anyway, makes me wonder about the male genetic code. Seriously. I'm learning so much. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment