Okay, so I'm a lame blogger. I have so much to learn.
I started reading a friend's blog about a month ago and was totally impressed and hooked. First of all, she's a friend from high school that makes me feel like I'm reading about my own childhood. Second of all, this sounds silly since I already had my own blog, I had no idea that the blogging world at large existed. I mean I knew there were a lot of bloggers out there, but the ones that directly spoke to me? The large number of mom/wife combo bloggers out there?
It's a whole new world! Via my friend's blog I discovered really how broad your blog can be. And how interconnected it could be! I began following her links to other blogs and lo and behold! It's a community! Of a lot of moms just like me!
Which leads me to really the point of this whole post. I found this blog that is apparently like crack for me. I cannot stay away. This woman has a blog about, practically every domestic or rural passion I have. She lives on a ranch in Oklahoma and posts these amazing photos of their land, cattle, family, etc. She has a passion for photography and a tutorial for Photoshop on her site. I dabble in Photoshop. I really don't use it to it's full potential - I don't have time! But I create the kids' birthday invitations and our Christmas cards there and that's been enough.
Not anymore. Part of my rationale for not learning how to better use Photoshop has been that I don't have time to take a class - but her tutorial is great! And free! And she has completely and totally sucked me in!!!
Also, you should know, she loves food. I LOVE FOOD! It's kind of embarrassing that I'm crushing on this woman I don't even know... Anyway, with her photography expertise her pictures of their ranch, her step by step recipe posts and family pictures are beau-tee-ful! There is so much on her site I could fall in and be lost for days. I'm resisting...
Anyway, she has inspired me to play around with Photoshop and maybe even take a few picture of my meals so I can post recipes later.
This is my first effort. Please be kind!

No comments:
Post a Comment