Thursday, May 29, 2008

Baking Day

I'm going to be in the kitchen a lot today. I don't know why but I decided to make homemade pizza today. I'm also getting ready for Powell's family birthday party on Sunday, so I'm baking the cakes and making the icing today. I'll try to get it all done early in the day so the kids don't want for attention and get cranky. So the pizza dough's in the bread machine and the first cake is in the oven. If I try to do too much the kids suffer for it and let me know - we'll see how the day goes... :)

We've decided to do popsicles in the park sometime this month to celebrate both of the kids' birthdays with their friends. We have yet to set a date but if we didn't do something fairly hassle free we weren't going to be doing anything at all. Should be fun and the kids are certainly looking forward to it!

My devotional this morning was awesome. I've been reading 'Jesus Calling' by Sarah Young. Here's a little from today:

'I know precisely what you need to draw nearer to Me. Go through each day looking for what I have prepared for you. Accept every event as My hand-tailored provision for your needs. When you view your life this way, the most reasonable response is to be thankful. Do not reject any of My gifts; find Me in every situation.' (based on Matthew 1:23 & Colossians 2:6-7)

Yesterday's was about seeking Him first thing in the morning and getting what you need to start your day. I can certainly tell the difference from day to day. :)

Well, don't really have time for much more. I need to get back on those cakes and get the kids dressed! Hopefully I'll have pictures to post later...


2 comments:

Michelle said...

OK..you have to tell me HOW you got that ink off Powell's mouth? Was it washable? He is just so cute! I tell you...he and Lily together would be trouble!!

carissab said...

It came off really easily with a baby wipe. We were just actually talking about Powell and Lily tonight at A & E's. They're trouble :)