Thursday, May 22, 2008

Outside

My kids have been spending a lot of time outside lately. They play on the swingset, use the mulch like sand, and fight over balls. This is a picture of Nana in her own little world singing her heart out (usually made up songs). They ask for their lunch at their picnic table or in their clubhouse almost daily. I cannot get them to keep their shoes on for anything. Their cheeks are sunkissed and their hair is getting blonder by the minute.

Powell loves to stand at the top of the slide and yell for me, 'Mom! Mom! Mommeeeee!' And when I look, he'll just grin. That's all. Just wanted me to look at him. So funny and sweet.

A few weeks ago the high winds took down the back fence along with random slats all around. So there have been kid-sized holes in our fence. Powell was the first to discover them. I didn't see him from the stove where I was working, so I stepped out onto the deck. Sure enough, he was standing with one foot in our yard and the other in our neighbor's. Consequently, our neighbors just built a monstrous swingset.




No comments: