Monday, May 19, 2008

All in a Day



I'd like to give a shout out to Michelle for a great idea! Each day I'm going to attempt to record my thoughts here - otherwise, I might forget them. The kids say funny, genius things each day that I'd like to remember for them.

This morning we're recovering from a whirlwind weekend. Maryanna and Powell have a cold and Lola's recovering. They keep passing the same one around and it's driving me batty! I'm told that this is unavoidable with multiple children, however I'm about to call the doctor again to see if there's anything she recommends.

Currently, we're gearing up for summer. The kids' birthdays are in June and we're starting party planning mode. Our anniversary (seven years!) is coming up, along with a slew of other things. Chris is planning to make 2 mountain climbing trips and there are a dozen activities we'd like to expose the kids to this year.

Lola is growing WELL. :) She's 3 months old and thriving. She is SUCH a good baby. Right now, she's all about cooing and laughing. She 's getting better and better at tummy time. She doesn't despise it anymore.

Powell is talking, talking, talking. He's a very personable little guy so he's enjoying being able to communicate very much. He'll repeat pretty much anything you say. I don't know that I've ever seen a boy be SO BOY! His favorite things include: SPORTS BALLS, cars, rocks, sticks or bats. When he runs he swings his arms in a very dramatic fashion. He's also a charmer. He's very happy and loving. His manners are impeccable and hilarious. To have a 2 year old walk in the room and say, 'hey, mom,' 'choclat mik, please, mom,' thanks, mom.' So sweet.

Maryanna is very much her own person. Her list of likes and dislikes grows longer each day. She does not like jelly on her pb sandwich. She doesn't like butter. She doesn't like her clothes to be wet. Her shoes come off the second she steps inside.

She plays and talks with Lola all the time. And Lola adores her. I dare say, she smiles more at Nana than at me. :) She blows me away. It may sound silly but she is suddenly this little person with whom you can sit down and have an entire conversation. And I just didn't see it coming!

She seems to be really good at math. She knows her letters and numbers and writes the M for her name. Last week she pointed at the window in the gable of our roof and said, 'Look, Mom! An octagon!'

She loves to be with someone. Very much the first born, she likes you to do things with her, watch a show with her, go outside with her, etc. Although she picks on Powell periodically, he follows her around, adores her and she misses him when he's napping.

She is so smart and boy, she doesn't miss anything. Her memory is unbelievable. She reminds me what I was going to put on the grocery list.

She's beginning to see toys or previews on tv and ask for them. Scary. A few weeks ago she saw the preview for Alvin and the Chipmunks. 'Mom, I want to see Melvin and the Chipmunks!' Cracked me up.

One of my favorite things is her childlike faith. She reminds me occaisonally that 'God loves us very much!' Coincidently (or not), when I need to hear it the most. Probably one of her greatest insights thus far was, 'Mom, there's only one God, not 10!' (After seeing the Prince of Egypt with the Egyptian gods in it for the first time). She's learning so much and already getting ready to start preschool. I don't think I'm prepared for how much I'll miss her when she's gone (for 2 half days a week).

Well, this is a starting place. Hopefully I'll find time to drop a few notes later - b/c I know they're about to do something amazing any minute!

No comments: