This morning I got out my devotional and re-read yesterday's (I'm not even sure why). And it was a reminder that God is with us throughout the day and He places different things in our path (trials, blessings). To help us, to remind us of Him. And I made a mental note when I read it (yesterday) to look for Him. A couple of different times I thought of Him or thanked Him throughout the day and was grateful. But, I need to give you a little background.
I have been looking for one of those silly cars (Cozy Coupes) for over a month. I've left the house on two separate Saturdays just before 8 am solely to try and find one (at neighborhood garage sales). So, I've probably scouted about 50 garage sales. I emailed about 20 people trying to find someone that was about to get rid of one or that might spot one at a garage sale.
This morning when I re-read that devotional, as silly as it may sound, I was certain that God sent those cars my way. I am well aware that He cares about the minute details of my life, but I don't often expect to see it. My mistake. He sent those cars, as silly and insignificant as they are, because He knew how badly I wanted them for my children and He wanted to bless me. I could go on to explain that those plastic cars are the first to go at garage sales and that I'm sure the only reason they were still there is b/c it was raining. But, the details don't really matter. My Father loves me and wants me to remember that He has fully equipped me for each day.
My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Colossians 2:2-3
1 comment:
Thanks for directing me to your blog...the kids have grown so much! And...Mallory graduated?!? I am so depressed now...
Your family is beautiful...I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment