Friday, May 23, 2008

Cozy Coupes

Yeah! We finally found one. Actually, my mom found them and she found two of them! I'm so excited - the kids are going to LOVE them! One is red and white, the other is yellow and turquoise. The door opens on one side and there's a valve to put your 'gas' in. :) There will certainly be pictures to follow. Apparently, when they found them at the garage sale it was pouring down rain. So, after giving me a quick call, they RAN (Mallory and Mom) to the car, each pushing a car. I'd have paid good money... :)



So, yesterday I started setting aside some pictures for the kids' birthday video. Oh my gosh! Powell was still a baby! He's thinned out so much. And I did not expect to see a difference in how chubby Maryanna's face was. I'd like to share a few of those with you. It's just killing me!







Look at those cheeks! He was so blond from the summer! And I really loved those bibs...

A couple of mornings ago M got up at 5:20 am - I think her cough woke her up. She crawled into bed with me and said, 'It's morning time, Mom. The birds are singing.' Like, get up sleepyhead!


Last night they had their soccer whistle and soccer ball and they were playing together. Maryanna put the whistle around Powell's neck and said, 'Here, Powell, you can be the soccer team.' And I kid you not, he said, 'Play ball!' and took off running. I about died.


And just this morning when I got Powell out of bed and carried him to the living room, there was a cow on the tv. And he said, 'I see cow too, Nana!' He's really talking and coming up with great sentences these days.


Ok, one more. Maryanna has a pair of tiger ears and tail that she puts on periodically. This morning she put them on and then came in the living room growling at me. I acted as though I was scared and said, 'Oh no! There's a tiger in my house!' And she immediately stopped and put her hand on my back and said, 'I'm just pretending to be a tiger, Mommy.' And just now when I was pretending to be a tiger, Nana whipped out her Little Mermaid cell phone and said, 'I have to call my, Dad!'

No comments: