Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Best Mother's Day Ever

I think I have a tendency toward the dramatic.
 
Maybe.
 
So, I mentioned that M and P had asked to be baptized and we were talking with them about it.  When we started looking for a date, it was obvious that if we didn't do it soon we were going to have to push it back for several weeks. 
 
Didn't seem fair.
 
The next available Sunday was May 11th, 2014... Mother's Day.  We checked with the pastor and decided that we should go ahead.  We had already talked to the kids at length and knew they were ready.
 
In fact, a detail I left out of my previous post was Powell's response to the question, 'why do you want to be baptized'.  He said, 'Mom, I owe Him everything.  He made me.'  I was so overwhelmed.  It was a wonderful picture of obedience out of gratitude.  And that's what baptism is, right?  The first act of obedience to Christ.  I well up every time I think about it. 
 
So Mother's Day weekend looked like this...
 
this is the dinner My Man and the kids made for me Friday night - complete with cards and coupons (as in for foot massages and cleaning by kiddos!)
 
wonderful cookout at my MIL's Saturday afternoon

Sunday morning...



this brave girl does not like to be the center of attention and immediately following the baptism she said, 'that wasn't as hard as I thought it would be'


this picture about sends me over the edge...

toes!!

 
Followed by a May birthdays/Mother's Day dinner at my mother's ; )  What an amazing weekend!!
 
Photobucket

No comments: