Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Lola's Birthday Weekend


Apparently I cannot host Bible study and keep up with my blog.  Sooooo, prepare yourself for a massive photo dump ; )  Or should I say information dump?
 
 
Lo's birthday was February 10th.  she had a princess tea party, followed by Lily (her cousin) spending the night, and then a big family dinner.  Very big weekend.
 
 
Lily, Lo and Jo


All dressed up, with the necklaces (gumballs) they made

presents ; )


the great grandmas

Maryanna, Jessica, Jackson, Uncle Lee, Uncle Justin, Christopher and Daddy



yummy!




I guess it's good!

Jackson, Lo, me, Christopher, and Grandma Debbie

And birthday pancakes on the day of! (which fell on a Monday)

Birthday outfit ; )

I was unable to get the accompanying video up (too long) but there's a story behind the desk.  You see, our Lola is a little artist.  So much so, although she's heart broken when she gets in trouble, she continues to get in trouble for writing on things like walls and furniture.  Her art teacher assured us she could relate.  And, true to form, this little girl requested something for her birthday that came from right field (although it should have made perfect sense).  Girl wanted a desk.  So.  Badly.  Begged for a desk in her room.  Looking back, it makes me laugh that my response was, 'a desk?  really?'  I mean, the girl asks her teacher if she can bring home the paper in the 'shred' bin at school so she has more paper for art and playing school!!  Anyway, in this particular case, she knew better than I and we found this adorable shabby chic desk on craigslist.  Then, we started plotting. 
 
We placed the desk in her room when she left for school and set up a camcorder on top.  I hit 'record' when the bus let them off in the drive and just told her to take her bag to her room as usual (thus the 'too long' video).  She did not disappoint.


The other big news is this... she got her ears pierced.  Ah!  My baby girl is getting so big.  Grandma Debbie and I took her to get her ears pierced.  This was Grandma's birthday present.  She's been asking for so long and she did so well.  Well done, Lo ; )



Photobucket

LolaSixsmallfile from Carissa Bolinger on Vimeo.

No comments: