Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Beth Moore... geesh girl.

Can I just say, how?  How does she keep bringing a fresh word that hits me right where I am every. single. time.??  I mean, I know there's, like, a lot of material she's pulling from, but goodness. 

So, my I-had-four-babies-in-six-years brain cannot summarize the simulcast I attended on Sunday for you.  Sorry, not gonna happen.  But, it was awesome.  I believe she just hit on a major chord for a lot of us. 

So, my plan is to share my notes.  If they don't make sense that makes sense.  Maybe I will be able to review them when necessary and they will make sense to me.  Ha!

Also, you should also know that I attended this simulcast about grace and started my new study Seven in the same week - and God is marrying the two.  He's amazing.  But you already knew that.

NOTES:
Charis - grace, causes joy, pleasure, gratification, favor, acceptance for a kindness granted or desired, a benefit.

Absolutely free expression - unearned and unmerited favor - changes new without changing individuality

Romans 5;2
elicit a reaction

1. Something's in our lives need to hear a loud No Longer!
2. The power to live out a lasting no longer can't be found under the law.

You are not under law but under grace.

Ephesians 4:32

(insert 'grace test' that I failed miserably and picked my nails during after which Beth actually referenced 'nail-biting')

There's a law of Moses and then there's a law of ME.

2 Thess 3:14, Titus 3:10, Matthew 18:17

Romans 5:5  This hope will not disappoint us. 
Disappoint - to fail to meet an expectation
what God begets He will not regret
Hebrews 10:35 Without faith it is impossible to please Him.

3. It's time we no longer see our lives under any heading but GRACE.

The more self aware we are the less we like ourselves.

Whatever we try to add to grace we subtract from God.

1 John 4:13

Self condemnation comes from trying to be approved by works.

Grace waits with healing in His wings when we're too mad to pray.

Romans 4

John 1:16-17

Romans 5:20

4. It's also time we quit trying to resuscitate the old dead us.

Write your obituary for your old dead self.

Gal. 4:4-7

5. Let's trade our no longer worthy for I'm no longer the same.

Romans 5:15
Heb. 5:9
Luke 18

6. We will see the face of Grace and need grace to bear the beauty.

St. Augustine - late have I loved you...

Photobucket

No comments: