Monday, August 3, 2009

Overwhelmed

Have I used this title before? It seems as though I have... or maybe I just consider using it, I don't know, every other post? Just been a crazy couple of days. Last week was kind of a blur and we really weren't all that busy.


We traveled to the lake on Friday afternoon. Had a relaxing evening with Grandma and Grandpa Friday night (not to mention a wonderful chicken casserole - thanks, Ann!). Saturday was full of family and pooltime. My kiddos spent a bit of time in the pool but it was a little chilly for me :-) Powow can swim the length of the pool and back wearing a life jacket. Oh and I forgot my camera so I'll have to get pictures from Aunt Mary. There were mule rides and fishing and deer sightings...


We had a great time and we all slept well and we got home just before noon on Sunday. And even though we've gotten so much done here in our new home it just feels like there's so much left to do! We have a whole list of big purchases that we've kind of ranked on a priority list and then there are all of the little things. Towels, bath mats, bulbs, wall decor. I don't know, maybe it was just going away for a couple of days and then seeing it with fresh eyes, but I just have so much to do!


Not complaining. That's not the vibe I want to put out. Really, I'm excited about making this home my own (I mean ours :-). I just don't see how it's going to get done! I spend so much time playing and teaching and cleaning and cooking (and cleaning and cooking and cleaning and cooking) that anything over and above that does NOT seem like it's going to get done!


Hmmmm.... you might be thinking, 'should you be blogging right now?' Now there's a whole other issue... But then we'd be talking about my sanity and that's really a relative topic you don't want me to contemplate.


This is the most dangerous, random probably-shouldn't-share-with-anyone blog I have ever written.

No comments: