Saturday, August 8, 2009

Laundry List

We've been very busy the last couple of days, nothing new there. I thought I'd share a few of our goings on.

My kids have been getting to spend more time with my cousins kids lately and have been enjoying their company. Chase, the oldest, turned eight this week. So, we made a cake! He mentioned Star Wars and brought over his action figures. I hope it was masculine enough for him :-) I keep reminding myself he is only eight.



Yesterday we had company in the form of an eight year old little girl that my eldest adores. She fixed Lola's hair. It was great. I'll let you judge for yourself :-)



Otherwise, it's the usual laundry list of things to get done. I've been crossing 3 or 4 items off my list each day and adding 2 or 3. Nothing new there, either. The house is relatively clean and the people therein relatively well fed. Especially if you count Grandma Powell's meatballs. (shout out to all you Bolingers out there :-)

My Man and I are preparing for a mountain climb. My first, really. So the lists have begun. What the kids will need, what I will need for a) a very long drive and some time to myself (any good book recommendations? b) well, actually mountain climbing c) dinner at a nice restaurant (my soul soars :-) and d) possible hot tub time!

I'm sure I will double my list of things that I want done around here in the prep time for everything else - but it's all so exciting! I'm going on vacation! And staying in a hotel (please try not to think pityingly of me that I'm so excited about that)!

No comments: