Thursday, September 21, 2017

Apple Butter

New favorite fall recipe!  I've never made apple butter before, but it was super easy and went over like hotcakes!  We have two apple trees and when we pick apples we wind up with more than we know what to do with!  This last time we peeled/sliced/cored a bunch I froze a gallon bags worth.  To make the apple butter I put it in the crockpot still frozen and voila!  Perfect use for frozen apples!

approx. 1 gallons worth sliced, peeled and cored apples
2 T lemon juice
2 T vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 T cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cloves

Place the apples in the crockpot with the lemon juice and vanilla and turn it on after dinner.  Let it go all night.  In the morning mash it a bit, add the rest of the spices and give it another hour or two.  I turned mine off and let it cool, then hit it with the immersion blender.  This gave me about 2 1/2 pint jars!

Happy Fall!!

Photobucket

No comments: