Friday, July 9, 2010

Dirt Cake

I post recipes on here for your enjoyment. However, I also kind of use my blog as a recipe book I can look up no matter where I am. I've been known to call my mother while I'm at the grocery store so she'll look up ingredients for a particular recipe for me. The recipes I make the most or have made a particular impression on us get first priority.

So, when I thought of this recipe I immediately checked my blog. And discovered that it's not here. Anywhere. How can this be? This is the BEST dirt cake I have ever eaten. And I can say that because I maintain that I am not a good cook. I just collect great recipes. This is yet another recipe that My Man brought home from work. I don't know what it is, but women love to feed him. And yes, it is a little bit annoying when it's not the 'mom' type doing it. It's especially annoying when it's the cute blonde (that's younger than me) at work that does it.

But, I digress. As Pioneer Woman would say, make this. Soon.

Dirt Cake

1 large carton of cool whip
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
3 cups milk
2 boxes vanilla instant pudding
1 package oreos

Crush all of the oreos and put half of them in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Cream butter and cream cheese together. Mix in powdered sugar. Mix in cool whip. In a separate bowl mix pudding, milk and vanilla together until thick. Add the pudding mixture to the cream cheese and cool whip mixture. Mix until well blended. Pour over top of the oreos in the 9x13 pan. Top with remaining oreos. Refrigerate. Serve chilled.

No comments: