My mom always made pancakes from scratch. When I was, I don't know, 10 or 12 she taught me the recipe. Of course, it was all in her head. But, it must have been some kind of magic that existed only at home, b/c once I moved out and tried to recreat those pancakes they just didn't come out the same.
So I had to find my own recipe. I've never quite been able to master my mom's cooking and have had to rely on recorded recipes throughout my adult life.
So here's the recipe I've been using for the last 5 years or so... Enjoy!
Buttermilk Pancakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 T sugar
1 1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Mix dry ingredients and then add remaining ingredients. I like to use my griddle so i heat it to about 350 before I begin. Add just a little milk to thin to desire consistency and begin pouring out those flapjacks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment