Sunday, June 8, 2008

Funny Things the Kids Say

This is going to be another one of those just-want-to-document-the-things-the-kids-have-been-saying posts. Mom was helping Maryanna eat one day and they were talking about the size of the bites she was taking. Mom cautioned her not to take too big a bite and Maryanna said, 'yeah, men do that.' :)

Another one is, 'yesiree, Mommy!' with a salute, believe it or not.

Powell has the habit of walking in the room and saying, 'Whatchya, doin, Mom? Watchya doin'?' Now he says it to Lola :)

We went to a birthday party over the weekend and now Powell sings 'Happy Birthday' all of the time. That day, Sunday, he sang himself to sleep with it and since it was his birthday recently, he occasionally uses his name in it :) Also, Maryanna and Powell will sing it together.

The kids have started wrestling together. Absolutely adorable until someone gets hurt or mad :)

Lola is doing the thing where she lifts both feet up and slams then down. I can lay in bed in the morning and here her beating her mattress in the other room. It makes me smile and then giggle to myself b/c I can remember doing the same thing with each of the kids.

Yesterday, Aunt Jenny stopped by on her lunch break and Maryanna wasn't happy when she left. She laid down in the floor and when I asked her what was wrong she said, 'It's just not fair. She had to leave, and I love her, and I do, I do want her to stay...' Too cute.

This morning I was in the shower when Maryanna got up and she came in, 'Hey.' :) I looked out and she had her pink ballet slippers (that are actually slippers and are satiny) on with her pajamas. I said, 'Oh, Nana. You are so pretty.' And she sighed, 'I know, Mommy. I know.' She's so funny and sweet.

I mixed icing yesterday and just let M sit on the counter next to me. When I was finished I let her have the bowl and mixer. Here's a picture.

No comments: