Finally managed to try something new. Seems I just haven't had time lately. So many recipes, so little time. Anyway, made this at the lake this weekend and it seemed to be a hit. My Man was all about it, anyway. I just love slow cooker recipes.
Chicken Tacos
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 15 oz can tomatoes with chiles (Rotel), and their juices
1 cup frozen corn
1/3 cup water
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
corn taco shells
favorite toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, ripe black olives
Use a 4 qt slow cooker. Put the chicken into the stoneware, and top with the entire can of tomatoes, corn, water, and beans. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours. Shred the chicken with two large forks, and fill the taco shells. Add your favorite toppings, and enjoy.
FYI this recipe was from the book Make It Fast, Cook It Slow (one of my new faves). Also, we used flour tortillas and I cooked it in my dutch oven in the oven at 325 for about 2 hours. Make sure you don't run out of water.
1 comment:
Where did you get that book? I am sure whoever got it for you was very thoughtful and attractive.
Post a Comment