If you know and love Lola, then you probably already know why my little sweetie has stitches. But, as I said yesterday, I probably need to get this out.
Her brother used the bottom drawer of his dresser as a step to get out his socks in the top drawer. And the whole dresser fell over. Until now I would not have said this was even remotely possible. This was not a top heavy piece of furniture that I was concerned about at all. Which is another issue that I will come back to.
I heard a bang and then screaming. Lola was pinned down by the dresser from the chest down. A picture frame had broken and a corner of the glass is what caused the stitches. I think a piggy bank caused the bump. I pulled the dresser up and ran downstairs with Lola for the phone. The rest isn't exactly a blur but the phone calls and the trip to the hospital aren't really all that noteworthy. They x-rayed her head just to make sure all was well and drugged her so they could stitch her up without her moving (since the cut is so close to her eye). Watching the doctor stitch her up and then watching the drug wear off over the next couple hours wasn't much fun either. But she was a trooper. She was amazing. Resilient.
The last three days eveyone has been cranky. Mommy and Daddy too. What a terrifying experience. I am now paranoid about ever leaving the kids alone. I am now paranoid about everything in my house. I am now paranoid every time Lola starts to run. I am not sure any of this will wear off, nor am I sure that it should.
3 comments:
That is so scary, Carissa and it makes me want to go out and buy those things to bolt furniture to your wall. This could happen to anyone. I know you feel bad, but you are not a bad mommy because of it. I honestly would feel the same. I'm glad everyone is ok and it wasn't worse! Lola does sound like a trooper and is adorable with those sweet blue eyes even if there are some stiches showing!
Oh, Carissa!! How scary! I rarely leave Annalyn alone for a second because of stories like this, but you know what? It's impossible to keep my eyes on one kiddo who's constantly on the move - and I can only imagine how hard it is with MORE than one!! I'm so thankful she's okay. You'll be okay, too. :)
So glad to hear Lola is doing better and the swelling is going down. I know it will take you some time to recover from the shock and scare of all of this. And hey...there is nothing wrong with being a paranoid mom! :)
Post a Comment