Monday, August 24, 2020

Meal Plan and List #1

As a new season of fall activities approaches, I've been thinking to myself.  I make the same recipes over and over again and somehow manage to have to recreate all my meal plans/grocery lists.  New goal.  Get my act together and have a pre-organized week of meals and a shopping list to go with it - ready to go!

Many of these ingredients I keep on hand and a few are usually not found at Aldi.  Eliminate items from your list where necessary and note the items found somewhere else.  I prefer to shop for two weeks of meals at a time to save time and trips - it also gives me the ability to space the healthier, lighter meals throughout or choose a less time-intensive meal when necessary.

Here's my first attempt:

Tacos
Brats with Broccoli Salad
Chicken Fajitas
Grilled Chicken & Sumi Salad
Grilled Chicken Salad & Baked Potatoes


Grocery list (in Aldi order)
2 bunches cilantro
8 green onions
bag of carrots
bag of celery
1 cucumber
1 head broccoli
romaine lettuce (precut iceberg to save time)
2 bags or 1 'box' of mixed greens
1 16 oz. bag cabbage mix
4 romas
cherry tomatoes
green peppers
multi-colored peppers

1 5 lb bag russet potatoes
yellow/white onions
red onions

8 T slivered almonds

hot dog buns

salsa

4 8 oz. brick cheddar cheese (I prefer to shred my own when necessary)

sour cream (I usually buy this at Walmart in the big tub)
 
sugar
salt
pepper
raisins
olive oil
minced garlic
cumin
basil (dried)
rosemary (dried)
sage (dried)
thyme, dried
chili powder

6 cups low sodium vegetable/chicken broth
sauerkraut
1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chiles
3 15.25 oz can black beans
1 15.25 oz can whole kernel corn
2 packets taco seasoning
chopped green chilies
6 10 count packages of medium tortillas
taco shells (in place of soft tacos if you prefer)

mayonnaise
white vinegar
*6 T rice vinegar

*gluten free oats (or regular if you prefer)

2 packages ramen noodles

2 lbs bacon 
Brats
2 lbs. ground beef

butter
eggs

4 3 lb bags of chicken breasts

*2 fajita seasoning packets
*8 T sesame seeds
*2 cups dry navy beans 
*lime juice (I keep this on hand - bottled)

*items found at Walmart or another grocery store - not usually at Aldi.
Photobucket

No comments: