Thursday, January 19, 2012

Wowzers... Hamburger Soup

Well, we have been wonderful.  Lately.  I haven't posted for quite some time so you haven't been so lucky to hear my vomiting stories : )  But, recently we've all felt well and have been enjoying back to school.  I say that but it's been awfully hard to get up early since Christmas break!  And poor little Christopher is still teething...  I couldn't tell you if it's his 1 year molars or his eye and stomach teeth, but does it really matter?

Needless to say, 3 of us vomited in one day (on the same day we tried to go see Santa!) and to 3 others vomited in the days before and after Christmas.  My husband called it a comedy of errors and I think that pretty much covers it!

As soon as the colder weather hit (which took an awfully long time in these parts this year) I started making soups.  Really kind of funny how the thermometer drops and I immediately start preparing soup and bread!

I'll start with this b/c I've made it so many times already - instant favorite!!

Hamburger Soup
1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopping onion
6 cubes beef bouillon
5 cups water
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (16 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 tsp salt
1 (10 oz) pkg frozen corn
1 tsp dried basil
3 T ketchup

Brown burger, drain.  Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least 1 1/2 hours.

FYI, I'm already doubling this for my family!!
Photobucket

No comments: