Friday, September 23, 2011

My Revelation

Are you ready for this? 

Frozen.  Cookies.  It's the greatest thing ever.  It's a lifesaver.  It's my latest revelation.

I bake a batch of cookies and I throw them in the deep freeze.  Since they're not actually in the kitchen on the counter WE DON'T EAT THEM.  At least not in 2 days.  And then, when I need a special treat for the kids, or a lunch treat when I'm packing a lunch or I just want to send cookies home with a friend they are ready to go!  They're even already in ziploc bags!  I even have a selection of cookies in there.

So, that's what I've been up to.  As soon as the fall weather started I started baking.  It was almost comical.  Banana bread, cookies, pies, cake - it's been ridiculous around here.  Not to mention the chili and then Pioneer Woman's lemon blueberry pancakes.  Those were fabulous.

Anyway.  Bake something.  Then freeze it.  I love it.  And here's the recipe for those pancakes if you're interested.
Photobucket

No comments: