Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I was THAT mom... on Easter morning!

I'm going to take the opportunity to write about Easter this morning, frankly b/c I have great pictures of my adorable kids to share :-)

I woke up on Easter morning, and still in my fog thought, 'I need to go have some quiet time before the day gets started - it is Easter after all.' And then I did the equivalent of sitting straight up in bed (in my head). No! I've gotta get up! I've gotta get the kids dressed! We have to get to church by 8:30! We've got to go find the hidden Easter eggs! Etc. etc. You can see where my priorities were? It is difficult to get to 8:30 service on a regular Sunday when I'm not determined that the kids will where coordinating perfect outfits with bows and belts to boot. Then you add the Easter baskets and the egg hunt and there is no time for anything else!

I should have listened to God's quiet voice. Hopefully I have learned my lesson. I totally wish I could go back and do Easter morning His way. By the time the hunt was over, the kids had eaten, the baskets were unleashed (all over the living room floor - did I mention we were also preparing the house to show for the day?) and it was my turn to get ready, I was grumpy and cranky with everyone, and I had, literally, 2 minutes to get ready and in the car. And I came very close to that exact time. But, by the time I got back into the living room Lola had found someone's jelly beans... and they were dribbling down the front of her Easter dress. I did it. I yelled.

And from the bedroom Chris said, 'Take a picture!' That helped. It reminded me of my mom's story about me biting the coffee table. She took a picture and then I got in trouble. Point being if I don't enjoy these moments with the kids I will spend all my time griping at them. So I took a picture. And I laughed. And I apologized to everyone... very humbling.

So here are the pictures of the kids that we always take before church. Because, I mean really, they are so not going to look the same by the end of church....

No comments: