Thursday, August 7, 2008

Kids these days...


I have a couple of things I want to share. On the way to church on Sunday I was trying to teach Nana to see how God is involved in our every day. So, I was pointing out how well everyone slept last night after we prayed for that very thing the night before. When she responded our dialogue sounded something like this:


Maryanna: Yeah. And God gives us the morning.

Me: You're right. God makes the sun come up every day. Everything pretty on this earth, He gave us.

Maryanna: Yeah. 'Cause God is in our hearts. (this she must have learned in Sunday school or VBS b/c we have not said it like that)

Me: That's right.

Maryanna: He's in my heart, and Powell's heart, and your heart, and Daddy's heart, and Lola's heart... (each name she drew out as she said it!)


PRICELESS.


So, yesterday we ran to Target for just a few minutes. I planned only to get photocopies. We were there a total of 60 seconds and Powell fell flat on his face. He was screaming at the top of his lungs and I was trying to get a good look at his mouth when blood started streaming out of his nose onto our clothes. Poor kid. I thought he'd wake up with a black eye or something this week, but nothing. Scared me half to death. I guess this is probably the first of many...

No comments: