Tuesday, December 8, 2015

I Am Yours

I wanted to share my journal entry from yesterday.

I've been praying that God would be my sacred romance ever since going to see Beth Moore in September - this is something He's done for me when I take the time to look for Him, but I want more.  I want Him daily.  Moment to moment even.  But I'm weak.  And I get too busy.  

This week and weekend were difficult.  One where my failures were everywhere and it felt evident to me and everyone.  A week where I only saw what went wrong and where my children's faults seemed all mine and all my fault.  Irreversible.  Done.

Raw tempers.  No patience - any of us.  Negative words - no love spoken.

And by a fluke (read providence) I am home by myself this morning.  I had spent some time in prayer but had moved on to my mile long list and began playing music as I picked up.

Lauren Daigle.  I Am Yours.  I didn't know this song before this morning, but it was the first song that played as I turned on the ipad.  As the first notes flowed, I heard my Father.  'Listen.  Stop.'  I dropped.  Began to listen as the first words began, hands open.

I don't want to forget His words.

I see your fingerprints, the work of your hands, it's all in Your hands.  
I see the evidence, leaving nothing to chance, the world's in Your hands.  
So I rest in Your promises.  Now I am sure of this, I'm Yours.  
Let the waters rise I will stand as the oceans roar.  
Let the earth shake beneath me, let the mountains fall.  
You are God over the storm, and I am Yours.
I hear the voice of love, calling me home, to where I belong.  
It cripples every fear, and the ones who will kneel will walk away healed.
So I rest in Your promises, now I am sure of this.  I'm Yours.
Even the thunder and the wind obey at the command of my Father, Father.  
I set my feet upon your Mighty name.  So let the rain fall harder, harder.
So take my everything, my flesh and blood.  
I'll lay me down on the altar, altar.  
I am forever covered in your love.  So let the rain fall hard.
You are God over the storm and I AM YOURS.

Tears poured down my cheeks as I heard my Father whisper.  

'YOU ARE MINE'.

And He reminded me these are His battles and He is in every little design of this earth, even the dynamics in my house, this family, these dear ones and personalities.  Let the battles rage.  Let the waters rage.  Let the teachable moments come.  

To stand on Him - He is in it all.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are mine too... Me