Sounds appealing, doesn't it. There's no question mark there. For good reason.
It also reminds me when I first started blogging and my mother asked me 'Carissa, who are you writing to?' Ha!
But, here's where I'm at. Week three of Breathe. There is so much to process. This woman does not pull any punches. Here I am thinking, What a good idea! I'll do a Bible study that tells me to rest more! I - I mean, that - is brilliant! Wrong! She is digging in people! Carving out 'margin' in our lives is hard! And digging till I find out why I'm working so hard? Striving so hard? Touchy!! It's not because I'm such a good mom!! It's not solely, okay, at all, because I want to please God!! And some of those things I thought I'd learned a long time ago? control. faith. trust. Maybe not so much.
Hear's one of the things I've placed into Carissa's little book of rules that isn't anywhere in the holy scriptures.
It's not permissible to rest on any day BUT Sunday.
Wha?
How does that even make any sense? If I rest on Sunday, I can't rest any other time. Uh, huh. That kind of doesn't leave any room for life. Illness. Kids. Relationships. What does that even mean?
I love it though when God pulls something out of our own manuscripts and says, 'what exactly is this?' Let's review this, did you know you were doing this?
There He goes again, pulling untruths out (lies) and replacing them with His truth. Freeing us. Again and again. He will not leave me deceived. If I choose Him, He frees me. Little bit, by little bit.
Another thing. Random. I mentioned a couple weeks ago that we had participated in Shabbat. Can I just say that if you are so busy running around trying to control. Trying to store up earthly somethings. Trying to strive, strive, strive that a meal once a week that begins with reflecting on 1)Observance (God rested on the 7th day of creation) and 2) remembrance (remember that He brought the Israelites out of Egypt and slavery) is perfect.
It just blows my mind (maybe I'm the only one) that God knew we would do this. He knew we would need to be told to stop. and breathe. and rest. And the perfect thing to do in those moments is to reflect on 1)Who He is (I AM, the One who created the universe) and 2) what He's done (either for his people or just what He's done in my life, for me). Once a week. Thinking about who He is and what He's capable (clearly my life is way to much for Him) and what He's already done. For me.
Mind blowing. And maybe life changing.
No comments:
Post a Comment