Monday, April 29, 2013

Laundray Detergent

Here's that laundry detergent I mentioned.  I really like the smell, and I only used 1 purex crystals softener.  We'll see if I feel like I need to do two next time.  Also, I grated my fels naptha and wished I had tried the microwave option. 

http://www.howdoesshe.com/cheaper-and-better-diy-laundry-detergent/

1 (4 lb 12 oz) Box of Borax
1 (3 lb 7 oz) Box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
1 (3 lb) Container of OxyClean
5 (5.5 oz) Bars of Fels Naptha Soap
1 (4 lb) Box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
1-2 (55 oz) Bottle of Purex Crystals Fabric Softener

I found all of this in the detergent aisle.  All but the softener was together.

Directions
1. Finely grate fels naptha soap with cheese grater or food processor (or microwave and then crumble).
2. Mix all ingredients together in a large bucket.
3. Use 2 -4 Tablespoons per laundry load.

Photobucket

No comments: