I have always wanted to be a prayer warrior. I've even posted about it. I just wish I were more inclined to 'lose myself' in prayer. You know, those people who lose an hour when they begin praying? Not me, I fall asleep. My Man will tell you. I'm sorry, it's true. But I try. And I digress.
I bring this up to give you a little background. We learned in that class that prayer warriors tend to ask what's going on in your life. Then they pray about it. I know adults like this. They're wonderful. And they make me feel so loved. I don't know if God lays someone on their hearts and they can't stop thinking about them until they give them up to the Lord, I don't know how it works. But, one of the signature traits of someone with the gift of prayer is that they want to know how it all turned out. Meaning they follow up. Here is another example of why I am not a prayer warrior. I completely forget to do this. I'm terrible at this. I think it's wonderful, and I try, try, try to improve at it, but it does not come naturally.
Enter Lola. Lola will be five in February. And she is so tenderhearted. One of her characteristics, that others have noticed also, is this: if you tell her someone is sick or had surgery recently or any number of other ailments/bad day kind of scenarios, she remembers. And she asks you about it the next time she sees you. And, I can attest, she likes to pray. And she remembers these things in prayer, without prompting. And she doesn't get it from me!
I can also attest that Sunday School and Children's Church at our church are phenomenal. And they take prayer requests. Well, obviously, one of the popular requests are illnesses, etc. So I know she picked that particular reason for praying there (thank you, teachers!!).
And so, I have concluded, my baby girl is a prayer warrior. I am so proud. I am also stunned by God's goodness in the gifts that He gives and how they are truly GIFTS. We don't deserve them. We cannot make them ourselves. They're His to give.
(Not that I won't keep trying to improve my 'prayer skills' : )
No comments:
Post a Comment