Thursday, March 8, 2012

This boy!!

We said the same thing about Powell.  And it was completely true of him too, but you two are already so different, too.  You are such a boy.  You are ALL BOY.  That's the phrase I hear again and again.  Wow, he's all boy isn't he?  Yes he is.  Yes he is.



Well, just look at this face.  And those cheeks.  And the hair!  Oh, that hair.  I consider it a monumental failure of mine that I have not 'blogged' about your hair.  I believe the 'Be Still My Heart' post was taken immediately following your first official haircut that was a couple of weeks before your first birthday.  A couple of months later your hair was beginning to get too long again.  Over your ears and in your eyes...  so I tried to cut it with the clippers like I do Powell's and just use the longest settings so it wasn't too short.  It was too short.  I couldn't even finish.  I called your dad at work and was near tears.  He had to do the sides and back when he got home.  I was not ready for the way that it changed your baby face.  Now it's grown out (Again!  Seriously boy!) and needs a little attention again.  I'm reluctant to touch it again.  I'm afraid you'll just look older every time, I think.  You may have to bring back long hair : )

Your personality just can't be contained anymore.  You are so expressive these days.  You have a few basic words...  night, night (ni-ni), more (mah), bath (bah), milk (muh), dog (dah), and, of course, mommy and daddy (mah, dah-dah) and even Nana, Powell and Lola.  You sign please by rubbing your tummy (usually when you want food), with all of the intensity of someone that's starving!  You stand in front of a window or the tv and make gutteral noises and gasping noises to communicate and make us respond.  It is so cute and so boyish!!!  There's lots of wrestling going on these days.  Especially when your teeth make you fussy.  When I'm trying to clean up the kitchen you follow me around and fuss and grab my legs.  So, Daddy lays in the floor and you come running.

Oh, and something else, you have a full mouth of teeth.  It makes you look so cute with your crazy hair and chubby cheeks.  You LOVE your older sisters and brother.  Now that the gate is down you follow them all over the house sometimes playing with their toys nicely and quietly, other times trashing their rooms and making them scream.  You love to make them laugh.  Whatever brings a laugh you will grin and do again and again.  Sometimes when I tell you 'no' you stare me down with a grin on your face to see if I mean business.  You are SO irresistible.
Photobucket

No comments: