Okay, so here's the deal. We have named our three children, first and middle names, after family members. Now we need another name. We still don't know if we're having a boy or a girl, but we're also not %100 sure we're going to find out the sex of the baby. So, I want to be prepared. I'm starting to combine names to make new names thinking that this still counts. Someone help me!
The girl name is more challenging, so here are the names that we have not used:
Lee
Deborah
Charlene
Gail
Sarah
Margaret
Belle
Cora
Jane
Bess
Lillian
I like Bess. And I like Margaret, but only if I can call her Maggie and My Man doesn't like that. I've started combining names and that gives me Sarabess. Um, no. Not unless it was Sarah Bess. And then nothings combined (don't ask me why I'm obsessed with this). Corlene? Charlee (pronounced Sharlee)? Somebody look at this list and come up with something pretty, original and old fashioned. Is that too much to ask?
Oh, and here's some names we've already used that I guess could be used to make a new name :-) Keep in mind, our two girls are named Maryanna Lynn and Lola Marie.
Mary
Ann
Lynn
Marie
Saralyn? I'm stopping here. Can't wait to hear what you have to say!
1 comment:
I love Maggie, short for Margaret. I really wanted to name a daughter that. But Mark vetoed.
Men.
I like Saralyn. What about Saralyn Jane? And you know, Margaret Gail has a good rhythm to it. Then again, I guess Deborah Gail does, too. Although I'm not as big on Deborah, no offense meant to your mom, of course!!! What about Coralyn Belle?
Wait - why did you suggest Saralyn? Lynn is already someone's middle name! Are you okay using it twice?
If you used Lee, would you spell it like that? Or Leigh?
What about Lillian Jane?
Okay, I'd better get back to work. You may hate all my ideas anyway. :) I just couldn't resist chiming in!
Post a Comment